Senior Corporate Foreign Exchange Dealer will be responsible for planning and executing strategic and tactical plans to achieve the region’s revenue targets. The primary focus of the Senior FX Dealer will be to develop relationships with corporate clients in Montreal and the Province of Quebec and to advise them on their foreign exchange, risk management and payment needs. This position requires the ability to analyze current economic environments, identify potential business opportunities, create a compelling business solution for prospects, and implement solutions to generate revenue.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in sales: both acquiring new customer relationships and building on an existing book of business in the domestic foreign exchange and global payments industries.
- Excellent understanding of Compliance as it relates to corporate payments industry.
- A self-starting, independent thinker looking for an opportunity to assume significant responsibility for business growth.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and accounting principles.
- Proven track record of success with mid to large size business enterprises.
- Aptitude for negotiation and strong customer relationship management skills.
- Existing portfolio of clients and relationships with large and SMB businesses in a similar role or as a business banker catering to corporate.
- Post-secondary education in economics, marketing, finance, business or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience. CFA, MBA an asset.
- Experience within the banking/financial services industry an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thrive in a competitive, success oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual (French and English) and Multilingual skills are an asset.
- Achieve your personal revenue/profit targets by prospecting and attracting new business.
- Ability to identify decision makers and implement complex services to potential prospects.
- Direct marketing of Mercantile Exchange’s services and expertise to the Montreal and Province of Quebec business communities.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including AML, KYC and Compliance.
- Maintain industry expertise through training and professional development.
- Leverage your industry network to open new opportunities for Mercantile Exchange by attracting new talent, identifying potential client opportunities, providing industry insight, building market awareness of Mercantile Exchange and representing Mercantile Exchange in the industry.